What is Home Visiting?
Our program is here to help you be a successful mother from the moment you learn you are pregnant. Through caring support and guidance from a skilled nurse, or member of our skilled team, we discuss any questions you may have.
Through home visiting, we can work to connect your family to community resources and connect you with other professionals at the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department such as WIC nutrition, breastfeeding experts, and additional support from our social worker.
Our team works with parents/caregivers within the household to give the family the best start possible, helping them to be happy and healthy in their environment.
Who is Eligible?
Any pregnant woman who lives in Muskingum County is eligible. Any woman whose baby is less than three months old who lives in Muskingum County is eligible. Any pregnant woman who uses tobacco, alcohol, or drugs is eligible.
What could be included in a home visit?
Visits include but are not limited to:
- A health checkup for mother and baby by a registered nurse
- Information about important baby growth and development, immunizations and safety topics
- Tips to keep parents healthy
- Referral and linkage to recovery resources
- General support and guidance
- Answers to common pregnancy questions
How do I get a home visit?
- Your doctor, nurse or practitioner can refer you
- A registered nurse may visit you at the hospital during your stay
- Area resources or agencies may refer you
- You can call for yourself and set up an appointment at 740-454-9741 extension 294
How much does it cost?
All home visits are FREE of charge.
This program is funded by the Mental Health & Recovery Services Board and the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department.